Holistic Postpartum/Baby & Me Teacher Training
The practice of Baby and me yoga is one of the ways that we can set the foundation of mutual connection in the first months of a baby’s life. Parents and babies are learning to adjust to each other and are setting up the foundation of their relationship. Through interaction this developing relationship grows. The essence of yoga is relationship so it is a discipline particularly well suited for developing this bond. Babies benefit from touch, rhythm, movement, interaction and relaxation and parents share in these benefits as well as the feedback from their babies as that relationship grows.
In this training we will learn how to promote shared experience and bonding between caregiver and baby and strategies for teaching. Students will learn structural changes that happen during pregnancy and how to strengthen postpartum body. How and when to resume asana practice, strategies to strengthen core , gain pelvic floor support, and asana practice to support and strengthen postpartum recovery. The training will also cover infant development (newborn up to crawling) and infant milestones. Participants will learn exercises to support each stage of growth (0-3 months, 3-6 months and 6-12 months) and developmentally appropriate movements, songs and pacing techniques to incorporate into a yoga class for Parents and Babies.
- Postpartum Yoga Asana Practice /Postpartum Conditions & Modifications
- Postpartum Anatomy including Diastasis and the Pelvic Floor
- Exercises to tone the pelvic floor and abdomen
- Recovery & Yoga Asana Modification for Cesarean
- Benefits of yoga for Postpartum Depression and Poses for Nursing
- Restorative and Relaxation techniques for mother and baby
- Basic elements of Mom & Baby yoga class /Class sequences and structure
- Infant Development stages & Class sequences for various stages of development ( ages newborn up to crawling )
- The importance of tummy time and strategies to support babies developing skills.
- Sequences for bonding, playtime, sleep, fussiness and easing digestion
- Incorporating interactive play, songs, movement and infant massage
- Thorough list of resources and strategies for teaching
Includes: Manual and Additional Resources
REQUIRED FOR TRAINING : Please bring a soft-bodied, infant-sized doll (approx 18-20; inches long) Plastic arms and legs are fine.
Holistic Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training
Kelli DeFlora, Founder and Director of Montclair B.A.B.Y has over 20 years of experience in the healing arts and women’s health. Kelli specializes in working with women in their childbearing years and is committed to empowering expectant families and honoring the rite to passage of pregnancy, birth and parenting. Kelli is known for creating beautiful classes to harness body wisdom and build community. Kelli brings experience, confidence and warmth into her work. Often asked to speak as an expert on childbirth, labor and the postpartum time, Kelli is a resource for numerous organizations.
Kelli trained and completed her yoga teacher training at the World Yoga Center in New York City and at Starseed Yoga in Montclair. She holds the highest degree of yoga certification (500 hr Yoga Alliance) she also has completed several Prenatal teacher certifications and Postpartum Yoga trainings. She has been teaching Prenatal and Mommy and Baby Yoga in Montclair area for over 15 years. In addition to her work as a yoga teacher, She is a Certified Doula (professional childbirth/labor assistant with DONA), Lamaze Certified Childbirth Educator, Licensed Massage Therapist, Shiatsu and Reiki practitioner, and Interfaith Minister.