A Postpartum Circle for New Mothers and Their Babies
with Kelli DeFlora and Guest Speakers
Come together in sacred circle to meet new moms, share stories, experiences and to discuss various topics related to your transition into motherhood. This circle offers mother compassionate support in a loving and nurturing environment.
- Week 1: Postpartum Needs and Feelings / Self Care for Moms
- Week 2: Healthy Sleep Habits for Nighttime & Naptime How to Calm & Soothe Your Baby
- Week 3: Infant massage: Through nurturing touch, massage and acupressure, parents will learn natural ways of promoting infant health and wellness.
- Week 4: Nutrition for Mothers and Babies – Come and learn the fundamentals of properly nourishing yourself and your baby during these first few months.
Guest speaker: Caitlin Kiarie, RDN, CSR Mom n Tot Nutrition, LLC
- Week 5: How to Maintain a Healthy Relationship with your partner and with yourself after having a baby.
- Week 6: Healing Ourselves, Healing our Families: Building Natural Immunity for yourself and your baby. Class will cover how to use essential oils and other natural remedies for health and well being.
- Week 7: Baby wearing / Learn the Benefits of wearing your baby. You will also have the opportunity to try on many different slings and babycarriers.
Guest speaker: Britni Morley, Owner of Wrap Me Tender
- Week 8: Sensory play for your Baby – Learn fun and creative ways to play with your baby at all stages of development.
2nd Time Around – Mothers Support Group
with Tracey Kayne
- Week 1 – Building a Community
We will come together to hear each others birth and family stories. We will also discuss the importance of self-care. Now that there is more family to love…what do you do to love yourself?
- Week 2 – Family
After becoming settled in the way of your old family you now have to change your traditions, your timing, and possibly your car. How does your family function now that it’s been shaken up again? Is the baby rocking your world or along for the ride?
- Week 3 – Guilt
We will discuss all the ways that guilt has been making a new impact in our lives. Guilt for having a second child, guilt for feeling unable to give enough to each child, guilt for changing things again…etc.
- Week 4 – Time
How do you get it all done? Do you feel trapped in between nap schedules? How do you get everyone to bed? What’s the challenges associated with having two or more members of your family competing for time throughout the day. As the family grows time for mom seems to shrink. What do you do to carve out time for yourself? What do you do to carve out a space for your partner?
- Week 5 – Relationships
This week we will explore the new dynamics and challenges that may have emerged between the original two in the house. How are you and your partner surviving the new changes? How have you both changed? Are you communicating with each other or subsiding on heavy sighs and mind reading tactics?
- Week 6 – Closure
In this final group we will focus on the growth made through the six weeks. We will discuss the theme of endings and the beauty that can be found within them.
Breastfeeding Support Circle
Our breastfeeding support circle is a place for women who are nursing to come together and talk about your experiences, troubleshoot any problems you are having and receive skilled guidance to help improve your nursing relationship. Nursing mothers flourish when we feel supported by our community, so we encourage you to come and share your wisdom with each other. Women who are pregnant are welcome to come and learn about nursing from firsthand experience.More information